Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions below seek to form part of the agreement between the owner and Regent Pet Care.
- The owner is responsible for and will ensure that their pet is up to date with their vaccinations, flea, tick and worming treatments. Any known medical conditions must be communicated clearly to Regent Pet Care during the consultation and updated as and when any information changes. Regent Pet Care does not hold responsibility for any illness or injury incurred by the pet due to an undisclosed issue.
- The owner is to make full disclosure of any quality or characteristic problems which might make the pet unsuitable for our services. Including, but not limited to, behavioural or health problems, antisocial behaviour and aggression. Failure on the part of the owner to disclose any matter which might render the owner’s pet unsuitable will be deemed a material omission amounting to a fundamental breach of the agreement.
- The owner must make Regent Pet Care aware if their dog is unneutered and understands that this may limit their dog to individual walks and kept on the lead.
- The owner accepts full liability for any loss or damage caused by their pet whilst being in our care. Regent Pet Care is not held accountable for vet fees or third party claims whilst your pet is in our care. The owner is responsible for any losses incurred, including but not limited to vet fees, if your pet attacks, or is involved in a fight with, another animal and/or person, causing injury to that animal and/or person. We recommend that your pet is insured against sickness, accident or injury and for third party liability.
- The owner will supply suitable collars or harnesses and leads (and when necessary muzzles) for the dog and any coats or other accessories which the owner wishes to be used. Regent Pet Care is not responsible for any damage incurred by a pet escaping due to faulty or ill-fitted equipment. Regent Pet Care is also not responsible for any damage caused to said equipment or accessories through regular wear and tear or the animal’s actions while in our care.
- Regent Pet Care will endeavour to keep all appointments but withholds the right to cancel at any time due to unsafe conditions, for example during heavy snow.
- Regent Pet Care shall not be held responsible for any damage to client’s property, or that of others, caused by the client’s pets during the period in which they are in our care.
- Regent Pet Care holds insurance in respect of public liability, care custody control (liability to animals), non-negligent cover and loss of keys.
Payments for walks must be made at least 24 hours ahead of the booking via the agreed method or in cash on the day if agreed to. For dog/house sitting no bookings will be confirmed without payment of a 50% deposit and full payment must be made at least 7 days before the booking commences, unless otherwise agreed to by both parties.
You may cancel a single walk with a minimum of 24-hours notice to receive a full refund. However, if cancellations are made within 24-hours of the walk commencing, the full rate will be charged. For long term bookings a minimum of 7 days notice must be given.
If, for any reason, Regent Pet Care is unable to carry out the duties agreed to, we will contact you with as much notice as possible and any payment will be refunded.
By agreeing to these conditions you agree for Regent Pet Care to hold the personal details you have supplied, to be used only by Regent Pet Care and in order for the agreed appointments to be carried out. Your information will not be shared and will be destroyed when you no longer require Regent Pet Cares services or on request. Information is stored in both paper format at our premises and in digital format (Pet Sitter Plus Software).